HAVING A COVENANT MINDSET AND IDENTITY:
Our “New Covenant” status, renews our minds and establishes our hearts, to walk in our New Covenant privileges and benefits. We have been “born from above,” and have set our affections on “things above,” and not on the temporal things of this world. Messiah has set our captive souls free, released our minds from bondage, and has returned hearts back to the Father’s covenant love. We love God, we love Life, we love PEOPLE and we love OUR CITY. We elevate to this new level, every time we read God’s Word. Our level of thinking changes our level of becoming, our lives are transformed as our minds are renewed.
- NEW CREATION – renewed and regenerated spiritually [2 Corinthians 5:17; Galatians 6:15]
- REDEEMED – purchased by the blood of Messiah [Isaiah 52:3,7-10; 62:12; Luke 1:68; Acts 20:28; 26:18; Ephesians 1:7,14; 4:30; Colossians 1:14; 1 Peter 1:17-19; Revelation 5:9]
- FORGIVEN – pardoned from offenses committed [Colossians 1:14; 2:13; 1 John 2:12]
- FREE FROM SLAVERY – released from the yoke of sin [Hebrews 2:15; Romans 8:15]
- ADOPTED TO SONSHIP – placed into God’s family as children [Romans 8:15; Ephesians 1:5]
- SET APART AS HOLY – consecrated and declared acceptable vessels [Romans 6:22; Ephesians 4:24; 1 Peter 1:12-17]
- ACCEPTED – graced, favored and received as family [Romans 8:15; Ephesians 1:6]
- PREDESTINED – preplanned purpose and destiny [Romans 8:29-30; Ephesians 1:5,11]
- CHOSEN AS KINGS & PRIESTS – selected and set apart to reign in Messiah’s kingdom [Exodus 19:4-6; 1 Peter 2:9; Revelation 1:5-6; 5:9-10]
- INDWELT BY THE SPIRIT – filled with the dwelling presence of the Spirit in us [Ezekiel 36:25-27; John 14:17; 1 Cor. 3:16; 6:19; 2 Cor. 6:16; 2 Timothy 1:14; Titus 3:5]
- EMPOWERED WITH AUTHORITY – given kingdom authority and power [John 1:12; Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 10:19]
- MADE MORE THAN A CONQUEROR – given victory as a victor and not a victim [Numbers 14:3-8; Romans 8:37; 1 Corinthians 15:57]
The COVENANT mindset, that we now walk in and express daily, conforms us to the image of God. This new identity is the express image of God that Jesus reveals in and through us. We are a walking billboard of a changed life, as our transformation is made evident to everyone around us. We are no longer a slave to sin, or this corrupt world system. We are absolutely free from bondage, peer pressure, and people’s unfactual opinions of us. The only opinion that really matters, is the one that has been formed and fashioned by the Word of Almighty God. He has predestined us to look like His divine image and to walk after His divine likeness. The serpent in the Garden can no longer deceive or beguile us, or even manipulate God’s Word to trick us. We know who we are, and whose we are. We belong to God’s family now, and all of our insecurities have been swallowed up by the Spirit’s sovereignty in our lives. Wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty and freedom, as we are transformed into the Lord’s image, from one level of glory to another level of glory [2 Corinthians 3:16-18].