“I Feel like the Enemy is Attacking Me!”
Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “I feel like the Enemy is Attacking Me”, as We “Count the Omer” [Day Five of the Barley Harvest]. What does Scripture say about that?
Let’s change today:
1. Live like the HEAD and not the TAIL: Moshe [Moses] instructed Israel that “The Lord will establish you as a holy people to Himself, just as He has sworn to you, if you keep the commandments of the Lord your God and walk in His ways. Then all peoples of the earth shall see that you are called by the name of the Lord, and they shall be afraid of you. And the Lord will grant you plenty of goods, in the fruit of your body, in the increase of your livestock, and in the produce of your ground, in the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers to give you. The Lord will open to you His good treasure, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season, and to bless all the work of your hand. You shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow. And the Lord will make you the HEAD and not the TAIL; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, IF you heed the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you today, and are CAREFUL to observe them. So you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right or the left, to go after other gods to serve them. – Deut. 28:9-14. As Messianic believers, we embrace the Torah as HaShem Inspired “Manual” for Daily Living! It doesn’t ETERNALLY SAVE US! And it never promised to! Instead, it SAVES US from making silly MISTAKES and WRONG TURNS in life, by showing us the PATH HaShem desires for us to WALK IN. King David says that He “Leads us in the PATHS of RIGHTEOUSNESS for His Name sake”[Psalm 23:3]. Moshe tells us that, “it will be RIGHTEOUSNESS for us, IF we are careful to observe all these commandments before the Lord our God, as He has commanded us.’
2. Don’t COMPLAIN like a VICTIM, but CONFESS like a VICTOR: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal [fleshly/physical] but MIGHTY in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of [Messiah], and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled – 2 Cor. 10:4-6. Saul of Tarsus [Apostle Paul], used WARFARE language from the BATTLEFIELD to describe the OVERCOMING POWER that HaShem provides for His WARRIORS! Israel defeated their enemies, when they obeyed His VOICE, and used His WORD as STRATEGY against the ADVESARY! We must DO the SAME!
3. Have FAITH in Messiah’s FINISHED WORK: buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, having wiped out the handwriting of requirements [Greek say “DOGMA”: which means “man-made rules”, NOT THE TORAH, which is HaShem’s HOLY WORD] that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it [Messiah’s death]– Colossians 2:12-15. The Judgment for our sin was PAID IN FULL [Greek: “Tetelestai”], which means HaSatan [The Adversary] can’t touch us, or accuse us any longer! He’s been stripped of his weapons, and rendered POWERLESS in Yeshua’s Name!
4. REST in the RE-ASSURANCE of HaShem’s PROTECTION: He who dwells in the SECRET PLACE of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust…Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place,no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;For He shall give HIS ANGELS charge over you, to keep you in all your ways – Psalm 91:1-2, 9-11. King David was physically SECURE in his palace, with it’s GUARDS; but he was more secure by the ANGELIC GUARDIANS that watch over him while he dwelt in the “SECRET PLACE” of HaShem’s SHEKHINAH Glory.
5. PRAY to Avinu [Our Father] in the “Secret Place” every morning before you encounter your ENEMY on the BATTLEFIELD of Life: ….When you PRAY, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the SECRET PLACE; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly – Matt. 6:6. Spending Quality Time with Your Heavenly Father secure the mind, as in ensures our heart that we can never be a VICTIM, only a VICTOR, since Yeshua has won us the VICTORY!
Think It, Say It & Do it!:
DECLARE: I CONFESS that I am a VICTOR, and not a VICTIM, as I CHOOSE not to COMPLAIN about being ATTACKED by the ENEMY. I DECLARE that the ADVERSARY is DISARMED, and rendered POWERLESS, by the FINISHED WORK of Messiah’s Sacrifice for ME! I will REST in the RE-ASSURANCE of HaShem’s PROTECTION, found in the SECRET PLACE of my PRAYER CLOSET, as I am SHELTERED under His SHEKHINAH PRESENCE, in Yeshua’s Name! Shalom Y’all!