“Serving HaShem is too Legalistic”
Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “Serving HaShem is Too Legalistic”, as We “Count the Omer” [Day Four of the Barley Harvest].
Let’s change today:
1. Don’t work to be Saved, Do Good Works because You’re Saved! Yeshua taught His talmidim [disciples], “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven – Matt. 5:13-19. As Messianic believers, our Torah observance, and obedience to HaShem’s commandments, don’t save us, on the contrary, they shine the Light of our Salvation, which is Yeshua, the “Light of the World”!
2. Discover the Eternal Good Works that the Father has ordained for you: Saul of Tarsus [Apostle Paul], after his enlightening experience with Yeshua, on the road to Damascus [Acts 9:1-19], taught Gentile [Non-Jewish] Believers, how they can experience the Master’s “MASTER-PEACE“, and workmanship of their newly transformed lives, as they discover the pre-ordained GOOD WORKS prepared for them from the foundation of the world – Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace you have been SAVED through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of WORKS, lest anyone should boast. For we are His WORKMANSHIP, created in [Messiah Yeshua] for GOOD WORKS, which [HaShem] prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
3. Serve HaShem from a place of Love, not Legalism: Matt. 22:34-40 But when the Pharisees heard that He had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. Then one of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, and saying, “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?” [Yeshua] said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind [Deut. 6:5].’This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself [Lev. 19:18]. ‘On these two commandments hang all the Law [Torah] and the Prophets.” Yeshua taught that Love for HaShem and love for others should be the motivation that empowers us to keep the rest. Yochanan [John], one of His “inner circle” disciples, gave us “blessed assurance” when he said, “Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. Notice that KNOWING WHO HE IS, causes us to DO WHAT HE DID. While our current Christian Culture has marketed WWJD, asking WHAT WOULD MESSIAH DO….the real question is WHAT DID HE DO! That’s DUPLICATABLE! Let’s MODEL THE MESSIAH!
4. Let the Torah be inscribed on your Hearts by HaShem’s Spirit: Rabbi Saul of Tarsus [Apostle Paul] describes how the Spirit inscribes HaShem’s Torah Instruction in each believer’s heart, who desires to “work what is good“. Romans 2:10-15…but glory, honor, and peace [belongs] to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For there is no partiality with God. For as many as have sinned without law [Torah] will also perish without law [referring to Gentiles that didn’t grow up studying the Torah, like Jewish children would], and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law (for not the hearers of the law [Torah] are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law [Torah] will be justified [referring to Jews who are trained to study Torah by parents and synagogue leaders AND ALSO Gentiles who accept it as HaShem’s Holy Word]; for when Gentiles, who do not have the law [Torah], by nature DO the things in the law [Torah], these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the WORK of the LAW [Torah] written in their hearts…
5. Be a DOER, not just a HEARER: But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he DOES. Ya`akov /James 1:22-25. James, or Jacob [His Hebrew name], Messiah’s brother, expounded on what Paul said in Romans 2:13 about being a DOER of the LAW [Torah], as he agrees with King David, that the TORAH IS PERFECT – Psalm 19:7-11 The Law [Torah] of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul. The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart. The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever. The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold. Yea, than much fine gold. Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward. “Na’aseh v’Nishmah! [We will DO, and We will HEAR! – Exodus 24:7].
6. Allow the Holy Spirit to empower you to fulfill HaShem’s Torah, from a NEW HEART & SPIRIT, and not from LEGALISM: Ezekiel 36:25-27 Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and DO them.
Think It, Say It & Do it!:
DECLARE: “I CHOOSE to CHANGE TODAY, and serve HaShem from LOVE and not LEGALISM, as I discover HaShem’s GOOD WORKS that He has pre-ordained for me to DO! “Na’aseh V’Nishmah” is my human response to HaShem’s Divine WORDS, as I become a DOER, and not just a HEARER only! Holy Spirit inscribe the TORAH on my heart, and empower me to LIVE it from my heart, in Yeshua’s Name!” Shalom Y’all!