“It’s Too Hard for Me to Change”
Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “It’s Too Hard for Me to Change”, as We “Count the Omer” [Day Three of the Barley Harvest]..
Let’s change today:
1. Fast to overcome wrong thinking and bad behavior! Isaiah 58 says: “Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, and that you break every yoke? Daniel said “I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes [Dan. 9:3]….“Now, therefore,” says the LORD, “Turn to Me with all your heart, With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning [Joel 2:12] ”Yeshua said, “when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, 18 so that you do not appear to men to be fasting, but to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly” [Matt. 6:17-19], and, “this kind [of spirit, sin or situation] does not go out except by prayer and fasting [Matt. 17:21].
2. Allow the Lord to “wean” you from childish behavior: King David describes this process in Psalm 131:1 “Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, Nor with things too profound for me. 2 Surely I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother; Like a weaned child is my soul within me”. 3 O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forever….Saul of Tarsus [Apostle Paul] revealed the importance of this step, in describing himself: “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things [1 Cor. 13:11].
3. Let the Potter, as Your Father, do the molding and fix the marring of the clay: Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the Lord. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand, O house of Israel! Jeremiah 18:6
4. Allow HaShem’s Word to a FIRE, HAMMER & A SWORD. Expect God’s Word to purify some areas, break-off others, and especially separate the parts of your life that need surgery and examination! Jeremiah 23:29 says, “Is not My word like fire? And like a hammer which shatters a rock?” – “For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart”- Hebrews 4:12. We must embrace the Word of HaShem with “the high praises of God be in [our] mouth, and a two-edged sword in [our] hand(s) -Psalm 149:6.
5. Living for God is EASY – The Way of the Transgressor is HARD – Good understanding giveth favor [grace]: but the way of transgressors is hard [In Hebrew it says “sechel tov yiten-chen; v’derech bog’dim eitan] – Proverbs 13:15 KJV. The English Revised Version says, “Good understanding giveth favour: but the way of the treacherous is rugged”. The way of the בּגדים [bog’dim – those who cover up [bagad] their evil ways with “clothing”, begedim], the treacherous [ploting sin covertly, in disguise], i.e., the manner in which they interact with men, is stiff, as hard [eitan – to continue, or remain hard] as stone, and repulsive; they follow selfish views, never placing themselves in sympathy with the condition of their neighbor – Keil & Delitzsch Commentary. In other words, the one who keeps sneaking around to sin, and continue to go down the wrong path, will experience many bumps in the road, making their journey more difficult. Rabbi Yeshua taught that He is the “Way, Truth, & Life” back to the Avinu [Our Father], and that His “yoke” [“ol” – עֹל like “al” עַל a preposition “upon”, from “alah” meaning to “ascend, or go up”] is easy, His burden is light! This meant that the teaching style, law of interpretation, and responsibilities that the rabbi put “on” his talmidim [disciples/students] was easy, while many of the Jerusalem Pharisees, that opposed Yeshua, made it HARD on their disciples, especially Gentile converts. For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers…..“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte [Gentile convert], and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves [they quit because the “yoke” is too difficult, and go back to their pagan lifestyle, and are worse then before they “converted”] – Matthew 23:4,15. Let’s accept that Yeshua’s WAY is EASY, and only the REBELLIOUS WAY of sin is difficult or HARD!
Think It, Say It & Do it!:
DECLARE: “I fast to undo the heavy burdens that the ENEMY [Adversary] tries to put “on” me, or that I inflict upon myself. I put away childish behavior, and allow the “Potter’s Hands” of Avinu [Our Father] to mold and remake the marred areas of my life, as I allow the FIRE, HAMMER & SWORD of His Word to purify, break-off or cut away the rough place, that are caused from my rebellious ways. I walk in Yeshua’s PATHWAY, become HIS DISCIPLE and accept His EASY YOKE, to avoid the HARD way of LIFE. I declare that CHANGE is not HARD, but remaining the SAME is! I CHOOSE to CHANGE TODAY, in Yeshua’s Name!” Shalom Y’all!