Let’s start A Fast from Negative Thoughts….Starting Today!
Let’s Break Life-Long, Self-Defeating Habits!
“I Feel Like God is Not For Me”
We are exploring a new journey just like Israel when they left Egypt! For the next 40 days, we are going on a FAST from murring, complaining and negative thoughts from the Enemy. As we renew our minds, bring every thought into captivity, and fight the good “fight of faith”, let’s Submit to HaShem, resist the Advesary, and make him FLEE!
This represents the 40 days that Yeshua, after His Resurrection, apeared to Believers before He made “ALIYAH“, or ascended to Avinu [OUR FATHER], in Heaven [Acts 1:1-3]! Then the disciples [talmidim] waited an extra 10 days [Acts 1:4-8], for the Feast of Weeks (SHAVU’OT [Hebrew for 7 “weeks”: or translated from the Greek, “PENTECOST” [Greek for 50 Days] – Lev. 23:4-14, Numb. 28:16-31 & Deut. 16:5-12) in Acts 2:1-47 [Read Luke 24:1-53]. Let’s expect a MARVELOUS OUTPOURING of GOD’S SPIRIT this season, as We “Count the Omer” [Day One of the Barley Harvest – Lev. 23:9-11]!
Today we’re fasting from the thought that says, “I Feel Like God Is Not for Me.” These kind of thoughts can sabatage our purpose, destroy our process! Capturing these kinds of thoughts, and making them surrender to the Torah of HaShem, is a GREAT WAY to do a spiritual inventory, and get rid of all the leaven [chametz] out of our lives! Let the “spring cleaning” begin!
Let’s change today:
1. Start with your perception of HaShem! The IMAGE you have of Elohim, forms your thought-life and behavior. Remember that HEBRAIC THOUGHT thinks “FUNCTION over FORM“. Thinking, speaking and doing are inner connected! Our Sages of Blessed Memory define this as “THOUGHT, WORD, & DEED“. In Deuteronomy 1:26, because the people murmuring BELIEVED GOD WAS AGAINST THEM, they fell in the wilderness. He WAS FOR THEM, as is for ISRAEL TODAY!; but they embraced a false image of Him [Exodus 32:1-4,24; 1 Cor. 10:1-13 “Golden Calf”]. Did you know that many people filter their thoughts of their Heavenly Father, through the dysfunctional experiences and relationships of their earthly fathers. Sometimes BAD, sometimes GOOD! Yeshua said, “If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” [Luke 11:13 NKJV]. We need the RESURRECTION POWER of the Ruach HaKodesh [Holy Spirit] to renew our carnal mind to HaShem’s Heavenly Thoughts found in His Word!
2. Dismiss the idea of a God of Wrath: Malachi 3:6 “For I am the Lord, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob. 7 Yet from the days of your fathers you have gone away from My ordinances and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you,” that’s why we aren’t consumed. He is not for you one day, and against you the next. His mercy and compassion towards you doesn’t change with your faults or failures.
3. HaShem is ALWAYS with you and for you!—Romans 8:31—If God be for us, who can be against us! He told Moses, and Joshua , the same covenant promise that He make with us, because of the Messiah “finished work”, and fulfillment of the Torah & Prophets! – Duet. 31:6 Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” – Joshua 1:5 No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. – Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
4. Get your EYES off of YOURSELF and LOOK TO YESHUA. It’s about the Messiah’s Sacrifice. It was at Golgotha’s Hill that HaShem covenanted that, “I AM FOR YOU!” And this will never change! Mal. 3:6 “For I am the Lord, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob. Looking unto [Yeshua], the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
5. KEEP THE FAITH! Believe in Messiah’s Finished Work!—REMEMBER: HaShem resists the proud, but gives more GRACE to the HUMBLE—James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5.
6. KNOW THAT MESSIAH IS IN YOU & YOU ARE IN MESSIAH –Acts 17:28. For in HaShem you “LIVE, and MOVE, and HAVE YOUR BEING“. You are HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS. Rom. 5:17, 2 Cor. 5:17,21
Think It, Say It & Do it!:
DECLARE: “HaShem is ALWAYS FOR ME, not against me. I reject the idea that Elohim [God] keeps changing His mind about me. He declared He is for me, He loves me and forgave me in Messiah’s death; and that will never change. I am in the Messiah, and the Messiah is in Me!; I am His righteousness; and therefore His favor surrounds me like a shield [Psalm 5:12: like “Magen Avraham” & “Magen David” – a sheild for Abraham & David in Gen. 15:1 & 2 Sam. 22:3], in Yeshua’s Name! Amen!”
Shalom in Messiah,
Rabbi Brian & Magali Bileci